Wednesday 6 September 2017

Welcome to Mario's Bricks

Hello and welcome to Mario’s Bricks ! My name is Mario an AFOL from the West Midlands in the UK. I’ve been a fan of LEGO since I was old enough to pick up the brick as a young boy. Like most, I went through a dark age and came back to LEGO in 2013. My brick addiction has slowly crept up on me ever since.

The more sets I acquired, the more I desired, and the one thing which truly struck me was the massive calming effect LEGO has over me. LEGO for me is a form a total relaxation that I haven’t been able to achieve with any other hobby or pastime.

I would purchase and build retail sets all the time, but my LEGO addiction truly took hold when I began building my own creations. The more MOC’s I built, the more time I would spend quietly working out how I would achieve my end goal. 

I realised that in this rat race of a life taking time out to quietly think things over was something I never really allowed myself to do, and has probably been my problem for a large part of my adult life. I found not only was LEGO making me more creative but was contributing to making me a better person overall.

The more I built, the more research I did, the more I became fascinated in other people’s amazing creations and began attending LEGO shows across the UK. This quickly ended up in meeting like minded people and my enrolment in my local LUG Brick Central.

I find I am constantly amazed at the very high standard of builds by people in the UK LEGO scene, and not only that the calibre of the people themselves is also something to be admired greatly. 

To build more MOC’s, to become a better builder, to build a sizeable LEGO collection, I have found LEGO takes over your life. There isn’t a day that goes by where LEGO isn’t involved at some point, quite simply I can’t see myself ever stopping building.

The one thing that made sense to me was to start this blog to record the journey of my life in LEGO. I’m sure there’s plenty of other blogs bringing all the latest LEGO news, I wanted to make my blog more about the huge LEGO subculture in the UK and the creations of my own and other AFOL's. 

I will of course also be reviewing any LEGO sets, books and games I purchase along the way. All of which I purchase at my own cost, so it will always be as and when I am able to procure said items. 

I'd also love to hear any feedback or whatever you'd like to say so feel free to email me at any time on JasonPMarriott@Gmail.com.

I’m a slow builder and a slow writer but I’ll muddle along and hopefully bring you some reasonable work along the way.
 

Come along !

Mario.

No comments:

Post a Comment